Inspiro Group - Travel and Logistics
Inspiro Group - Travel and Logistics
Inspiro Group - Travel and Logistics
96, Boulevard Erkindik, Bishkek,
720040, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel.: +996 (312) 30-46-17, 90-12-95
Fax: +996 (312) 90-12-95
e-mail: booking@inspiro.kg
Eng
Рус

Historical monuments of Tashkent


Historical monuments of Tashkent

 
Abulkasym Medreseh (1850)
This building was originally used as an Islamic college. The yard of the Medresse had an indoor water-pool with a cupola in the shape of a dome - or sardoba. When entering the Medresse to the left there was a classroom, to the right - a mosque, and in the inner courtyard was located the Honakoyi Muyi Muborak. On the 17th of June 1865, the famous Tashkent-Russian peace agreement (headed by Russian general Chernyaev) was signed here. Also the founder of the Uzbek novelist school, Abdulla Kodiri, studied here from l914 - 1917.

Architectural Complex Zengi-Ata (14-20 c.)
The Zengi-Ata architectural complex is located in the Zengi-Ata settlement near Tashkent. This monument represents a huge historical and art value. The ensemble has been built on the location of the burial place of sheikh Aj-Hodzha, nicknamed Zengi-Ata, which means "black", living from the end of 12th to first half of 13th century. As the legend says, the beginning of the construction of this ensemble was initiated by Amir Temur. He also constructed the mausoleums of the famous saint Zengi-ata and his wife Ambar-bibi.

Mosque Zengi-Ata (1870)
The Zengi-Ata Mosque is included in the basic mausoleum complex. It was built by Zengi-ata Kaziy in 1870. The mosque encloses the court yard in front of the mausoleum from the southwest. From 1914-1915 the mosque underwent restoration and was partly reconstructed: the ayvan was changed, the slope of the roof above the gallery was remade, and the southern facade was shifted.

Medreseh Zengi-Ata (19 c.)
The building that surrounds on three sides a trapezoid court yard in front of the facade of the Zengi-Ata mausoleum is called a medreseh. The period of its construction was from the end of the 18th to the beginning of 20th centuries. On the door of the portal the date 1286, year of Khidjra (1832), is carved, and on the entrance door in the western darvazakhona is inscribed: 1333, year of Khidjra (1914-15); and the names of two Tashkent masters: mulla ustad Kul-beku and usta Nazar-khan. The medreseh is built from square baked bricks, and reconstructed sections from the period 1915-1924 were built using rectangular bricks.

Ensemble Khazret Imam (16 c.)
The ensemble was built on the tomb of one of the first Imams of Tashkent, a famous scientist and expert on the Koran and the khadises of khazreti Imam (his full name is Abubekr Mukhamad Kaffal Shashi). According to historical data, he was buried in the territory of Sebzar - one of the four city areas of Tashkent which were later developed. The tomb was popular and is highly honoured. All districts in the Sebzar part of the old city received the name of Khazreti Imam - named after the Sheikh. In the 16th century, Barak-Khan medreseh formed the base of this ensemble and united two more mausoleums of the 15-16th centuries: "Nameless" and "Suyunidj-Khana" in one complex. On the opposite side of the Barak -Khan Medreseh, the Tashkent mosque of Tillya-sheikh is located and currently operating. It was built in 1856-57 by the Khan of Kokand, Mirza Ahmed Kushbegi.

Barrack-Khan Medreseh (16 c.)
Barrakh-Khan medreseh is located to the east of Chorsu market, among the clay-walled buildings of the old city. In honour of the Khan, this Medreseh has developed as a religious-memorial complex. It underwent several stages of construction and was completed in 1532 (2nd half of the 16th c.).

Mosque Jami (15-19 c.)
Jami Mosque is the basis of the Registan ensemble located in the area of Chorsu square. The period of its construction - from the 15th c. to the late 19th c. It is a unique example in Tashkent of a Friday mosque of domestic type built in Central Asia during the era of the late Middle Ages.

Medreseh Kukeldash (16 c.)
Madrasah Kukeldash is located on a high hill in the area of Chorsu square. The builder of the madrasah was a vezir of the Tashkent khans (1551-1575), called Kukeldash ("the foster-brother of the khan"). The madrasah has a traditional composition: an extensive court yard, built on khudjras, with darskhana and a mosque in the corners.

Inspiro Group - Travel & Logistics


Muza Tours and Travel
Suggested Hotels
Single - 189$
Double - 210$
Single - 231$
Double - 263$
Muza Tours and Travel